"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Win NaNoWriMo in 9 Days!

Anyone participating in NaNoWriMo? Anyone struggling with or given up of NaNoWriMo?

Not to worry. There are nine days left to November, and thanks to Melissa Maygrove I found the article How I Won NaNoWriMo in 9 Days. 

That's right - nine days! The author, Ava Jae, shares her tips to completing her work in such a short amount of time. She also offers statistics to show you how she achieved her goal. It's worth a look.

Best of luck and HAPPY WRITING!

6 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

Checked out that article (even though I'm not doing NANO) I am writing and working on two drafts during November. They are: two wips in outline stage, a scifi and an alternative history. The scifi is getting more attention, since it's book 2 of a saga.

There were a few tips in that article that I do (placeholders especially). Thanks for referencing such helpful info and for the follow, Sylvia!

Crystal Collier said...

I'd kill over first. Or the kids would break the house. Or I'd run out of cheese. It's a great idea, and man would I LOVE to binge write, but in November? That's like crazy sauce.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Nano is a real journey. It is to enjoyed.

Remembering Grace said...

I'm not NaNo-ing either, but those were some great tips! Thanks for posting the link :)

Unknown said...

I've semi-participated two years in NaNo-related events and have decided although the month can be a catalyst and motivation to sit down and write, I'm definitely not into a competition of words. It sucks the joy out of writing for me.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nine days? Sure, if I did nothing else for nine days!
The year I participated, one of my friends won it in five days. Actually less. Yes, I was really encouraged at that point!