- This year's topic is Cemeteries, Asylums, Mausoleums, Haunted Houses, and any other spooky, creepy, or weird place your imagination can devise. It's all about location, location, location!
- Flash fiction means that the story must be less than 1,000 words long. And please, no poetry.
- Let's save a few trees and submit electronically. Please place your story in the body of an email and send it to Ed Kelemen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send it as an attachment. Attachments will not be opened. The subject line of your entry must read “Flash Fiction Entry.” Otherwise, it will be sent to the trash folder unopened.
- Include a short bio, no more than 150 words, with your story.
- Include the following statement with your entry:
“I, (Your Name) , hereby give the Ligonier Valley Writers the right to read my story titled “-------------------” at various venues during the Halloween season of 2014, and a one-time right to publish the story online at http://www.lvwonline.org/. The rights revert to me six months after the story is published.” Include your name, address and contact information.
- Winning entries will be read at various places during the Halloween season of 2014. Winning writers will be invited to read their stories at those locations.
- Winning entries will also be published on the Ligonier Valley Writers website.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
First Prize - $50
Second Prize - $25
Third Prize - $15
There will also be Three Honorable Mentions.
All winning entries, including honorable mentions, will also receive a one-year complimentary membership in Ligonier Valley Writers, which permits them to attend most LVW events free or at reduced prices.