"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, March 14, 2016

Water Break

My apologies if I'm not around much this week. My kids are on Spring Break and we had hoped to enjoy the nicer weather. Unfortunately, due to recent downpours, and a release from the nearby dam, our county is starting to look like this:







At present, we are safe and dry, but the waters are still rising and the rain is supposed to return tomorrow. Prayers for my friends and family along the south Texas and Louisiana border please!

In the meantime, don't forget the "A to Z" theme reveal will happen next Monday. Over at the A to Z Blog, Alex Cavanaugh is talking about the importance of a theme for the Challenge. 

4 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I've had enough of rain for a while. We, too, are high and dry but too many people are having a rough go of it. Stay safe! Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Stay safe! Flooding is scary.
Thanks for mentioning my post at the A to Z Blog.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

prayers :(

Yolanda Renée said...

Amazing, the power of water. Be safe!